Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

No. 7 Banana Chocolate Cake by Aroma

Although the Sunday Times' 50 yummiest cakes article has been published quite some time ago, and that Fen has blogged about this cake before, I thought it is interesting to share my opinions towards this cake (close to what Fen has shared a year ago).

As quoted in the article...
"This sugar-free cake, made with the sugar substitute maltitol, will make you go bananas with slices of the fruit sandwiched between layers of banana sponge and chocolate cream"

This is really a dream combination for banana lovers.
"Chocolate cream, Banana slices and Banana sponge"

Banana Chocolate

I liked the cake for 2 areas. First, it is not sweet and second the banana slices really made my day (I am a banana lover).

However as a chocolate lover as well, I felt that a richer chocolate cream would have been better. More chocolate content rather than a creamy texture.

Further, I would have prefer a softer banana sponge as the base. In short, plus points for the banana mousse layer but not so, for the 2 layers accompanying it.

Note that the sliced cakes are sold at $10 for every 2 slices from 5pm to 9:30pm and half price from 9:30pm to 10pm.

Aroma
Intercontinental Singapore
80 Middle Road
Singapore 188966
Tel: 6825 1058

Operating hours - 7 am to 10 pm (daily)
Website for Aroma

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar